Wednesday, March 27, 2013
HUMP-day random thoughts 2
Another HUMP-day is upon us. I've been keeping exceptionally busy crocheting cute little items for my cousins baby. She isn't even half way here yet and she is already spoiled. That, along with my usual antics is how the week has gone and it has gone by in a flash. With that being said, it's time for HUMP-day random thoughts of the week.
1. Why are homeless (bums?, home challenged?, travelers? Whatever you want to call them.) becoming younger and younger? Why do perfectly capable 20ish year olds feel the need to live in the woods and beg for money? Why do they feel that I should help them when I'm very aware they could help themselves? I don't understand this, there are people out there who truly can't help it but here you are acting like this is a life style choice and that it makes you cool. Can't they see that they are just making it harder on those who really need the help? Shameful.
*Side note* This comes from a recent trip to Walmart, where I watched four perfectly capable people sit and talk about how awesome it was to live like they do. One mentioned how he loved living in the woods and found that anytime he was in civilization, he was always constipated for days. (I didn't need to know this, neither did you but you'll get over it.) He then went on to say that he never had a problem in the woods, he loved to sit down in the woods and relieve himself. They laughed and carried on as if life was one big party, as they waited for people to give them money. It's just sickening.
2. Why is it I can never go anywhere without witnessing a shameful moment? Is it to much to ask for a simple day out, a day where I don't feel the need to punch someone in the face. From parents letting their toddlers run around the car while they drive to the everyday worthless people we encounter. ..It's always something.
3. Why would anyone need to dress up like a hooker and take a taxi to the dollar tree with two small toddlers? Why are you dressed in your club clothes for the dollar tree? And why are you dragging your babies around....there is a point when you should just stay home, if you have to take a taxi to the dollar tree, then chances are you don't need to be there and you should probably be saving that dollar. What's so important that you'd spend $10 or more just to get to a place that sales dollar items (though their more like penny items, worth wise.)
4. How come my kids sleep perfect when I can't sleep but don't sleep when I can sleep? It's mind boggling.
5. My 2yr old is evil, I'm pretty sure he's secretly the son of satan.....of course he could be like me. He's super sweet and loving until you make him mad or push his buttons. Then we switch to go mode and it's on, we go from sugar sweet to psycho nuts in .2 seconds.....but that's normal or close enough for me.
6. *In Walmart* Yes random middle age couple, you're so funny. Walking slowly in front of me, in efforts to slow me down or force me to go around you and stealing slight glances behind you as you do so, it's just so original. No one has ever walked slowly to inconvenience another, here I am taking note of your brilliance.... I'll applaud you later. The only problem with this is that I may look bothered but that's only to encourage you, secretly I'm walking behind you at a snails pace because I have three kids at home. I'm in the store with none of my ankle biters, I'm super happy to be slowly making my way to the cash register. If you could slow it down a bit more, I'd be even happier cause that means another few minutes of peace and quiet.
7. Is it bad that my new meaning of peace and quiet is anywhere where my kids are not? Crowded stores, 5 o'clock traffic.....music festival, you name it...as long as my kids are missing then it's a vacation.
8. Why is being a parent a wonderful miracle and the best thing to has ever happened to you but also a little like living in your own self-made hell? Things can never be just simple, parenting certainly isn't simple. I find it less challenging then I imagined it to be, I run my home like a beast (champ for those old enough to remember its constant use, years ago everything was like a champ...I eat like a champ, fight like a champ...etc.), I had more kids in effort to raise the challenge level but Instead I've learned what people mean when they say two doesn't cost anymore then one and silence is golden.....oh what I'd give for a moment of true silence....not just the kids are doing something bad silence.
Well, baby is now screaming at me and hubby just got back from school drop off so I guess I better get to the daily annoyances that are my life. Have a good HUMP-day and try not to punch any stupid people.
Here's a couple pictures of what we've been up too this week...
Posts my minions love
Hiya Snappers! Welcome back for week #11 of the Tattler Thursday Blog Hop! It's time to tattle and hop! It's a share your crazy, gr...
(Catch up with post 1: A Wife's Good-bye. (A Entry to My Husband.) ) Hi honey, I was unsure as to how I should start this guide...
Helllllloooooo Nurse!! Wait? Wrong place. Hello Minions!! Don't refresh the page, don't adjust your screens.....this isn't a tr...
Hiya Snappers! Welcome back to the 29th week of the Tattler Thursday Blog and Social Network Hop! It's time to tattle and hop! ...
Dear Jr, Though your age falls in the middle, we would never refer to you as a middle child. You are our first born son, and the ...